Physical Therapy Web
>> Go To Physical Therapy Web HOME PAGE <<

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Government Assistance in Becoming a Therapist

post Jan 27 2005, 10:39 AM
Post #1

Posts: 0
Joined: --
Member No.: 0

Dear all,

I have a Brazilian friend in her mid-twenties that is interested in finishing off her PT education by doing a Masters in the US. She has completed a 4 year bachelor in PT in Brazil as well as a specialized degree of 2 years in sports therapy, however she dos have quite a lot of experience working with disabled individuals. Along with the degrees she has been practicing for 5 years full time. The problem is obviously that the cost of education in the U.S. is extremely expensive for Americans, imagine how expensive it is for a Brazilian trying to study here. Are there programs which pay for a part or all of your Masters and then require a work agreement of 2-5 years afterwards. I had heard that something similar to this exists in NYC. Any information you would have would be appreciated.

User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
post Mar 4 2005, 02:06 PM
Post #2


Have you had any luck in finding out anything about this? I'm sure there are others that would be interested in this.
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th October 2014 - 02:29 AM