Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Knee Tendinitis-rehab, rehab

Aggie
post Aug 12 2006, 07:10 PM
Post #1

User Level

Group: Members
Member No.: 100,399

Hi, I am a college student who has had knee problems for awhile. As I walk, my knees will pop with no pain....however it has been going away. I went to a doctor and he did different stretches of the knee and pressed down in different places and yet I didnt have any pain. When I squat down my knees pop a lot and my knees have spasms especially in the interior of my leg, not so much anywhere else. However, I do feel sharp pains above my knees and in the interior part of my knees sometimes. I want to do some type of exercises that will rehabilitate my knee instead of stretching, rest, and anti-inflammatory medicine so I can still stay somewhat in shape. Does anybody have any suggestions?

Thanks a lot! I truly appreciate it! smile.gif
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
H
post Aug 29 2006, 03:27 PM
Post #2

User Level

Member No.: 4

When do you get the sharp pains? ie. during what activities.

Are you doing any exercises so far?

Popping of the knees is not necessarily indicative of any dysfunction and you don't need to be concerned if it is not accompanied by pain. It does however sound like you may need to do some exercises to improve imbalances in the muscle groups affecting the knee.

If you have pain that has caused muscle inhibition you may benefit from electrical muscle stim to help retrain them. Commonly this can involve the Vastus Medialis, which may be part of the issue in your situation as it is located in the interior part of your upper leg, where you may be having the spasms.

Sorry but I can't be much more specific given the small pieces of information provided.

QUOTE(Aggie @ Aug 13 2006, 02:10 AM)
Hi, I am a college student who has had knee problems for awhile. As I walk, my knees will pop with no pain....however it has been going away. I went to a doctor and he did different stretches of the knee and pressed down in different places and yet I didnt have any pain. When I squat down my knees pop a lot and my knees have spasms especially in the interior of my leg, not so much anywhere else. However, I do feel sharp pains above my knees and in the interior part of my knees sometimes. I want to do some type of exercises that will rehabilitate my knee instead of stretching, rest, and anti-inflammatory medicine so I can still stay somewhat in shape. Does anybody have any suggestions?

Thanks a lot! I truly appreciate it!  smile.gif

+Quote Post
SpokanePT
post Jul 6 2010, 12:18 PM
Post #3

User Level

Member No.: 154,661

One of the most important pieces of the puzzle for knee pain is lumbopelvic hip function. If the femur is the track, then the patella is the train. You would not try to fix a derailing train by pushing on the train itself rather than changing how the track related to the train.

Acceleration Physical Therapy in Spokane WA

--------------------
[URL=http://www.accelerationphysicaltherapy.com]Acceleration Physical Therapy Spokane [/URL]
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th October 2014 - 08:59 PM