Physical Therapy Web
>> Go To Physical Therapy Web HOME PAGE <<

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> patellar tendonitus, diagnosis please???

isaacman
post Mar 19 2009, 08:42 PM
Post #1

User Level

Group: Members
Member No.: 150,309

I had a few questions regarding my knee pain

my Doctor diagnosed me with patella tendonitus. it started hurting over last summer, (june) from running to stay in shape. one day i pushed myself a little to much. my knee was killing me and the pain was coming from the patellar tendon. so i took it easy to let a doctor look at it. in august my doctor diagnosed me with patella tendonitus. he said to rest, ice, take anti inflamatory and take it easy. well i came back in a month later with no improvement. he then refered us to get an mri. wich wasnt scheduled till january. so im 16 years old and cant participate in and fall sports. The Mri showed minor swelling on the patellar tendon and we were told rest should fix it. Nothing new. very frustrated i started swimming cause i heard its good for joint pain. so now my parents are trying to "wait it out" which isnt working. can anyone help me?

pain is caused from.
-direct contact
-walking up stairs
-sometimes walking
-if kept at a 90 degree angle while sitting, then extended after a short time it pops (painful)
- jumping
-running
-almost all physical activity
-i cant kneel in church, it feels like im kneeling on razor blades over my tendon

rest for 9 months has not made a difference.
im 16 years old and feel like im 60
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
SpokanePT
post Jun 3 2010, 08:52 AM
Post #2

User Level

Group: Members
Member No.: 154,661

Find a good physical therapist who can diagnose your biomechanical dysfunction. There is a reason that your tendon became inflammed. That reason could be a number of different areas including, but not limited to the SI and hip, foot biomechanics, weakness or lack of motor control. Figuring out the "why" of tendonitis is what a good physical therapist can do for you.

For more in formation, check out Acceleration Physical Therapyin Spokane, WA

QUOTE(isaacman @ Mar 19 2009, 08:42 PM)
I had a few questions regarding my knee pain

my Doctor diagnosed me with patella tendonitus. it started hurting over last summer, (june) from running to stay in shape. one day i pushed myself a little to much. my knee was killing me and the pain was coming from the patellar tendon. so i took it easy to let a doctor look at it. in august my doctor diagnosed me with patella tendonitus. he said to rest, ice, take anti inflamatory and take it easy. well i came back in a month later with no improvement. he then refered us to get an mri. wich wasnt scheduled till january. so im 16 years old and cant participate in and fall sports. The Mri showed minor swelling on the patellar tendon and we were told rest should fix it. Nothing new. very frustrated i started swimming cause i heard its good for joint pain. so now my parents are trying to "wait it out" which isnt working. can anyone help me?
pain is caused from.
-direct contact
-walking up stairs
-sometimes walking
-if kept at a 90 degree angle while sitting, then extended after a short time it pops (painful)
- jumping
-running
-almost all physical activity
-i cant kneel in church, it feels like im kneeling on razor blades over my tendon

rest for 9 months has not made a difference.
im 16 years old and feel like im 60

--------------------
[URL=http://www.accelerationphysicaltherapy.com]Acceleration Physical Therapy Spokane [/URL]
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th October 2014 - 08:42 PM