Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Use of laser, when and why?

bob
post Aug 18 2005, 08:07 AM
Post #1

Unregistered

Hi. I'm just curious about whether or not therapists are using laser in practice. If you do, please reply and let me know what circumstances you use it in. Wound care? Pain relief? Local inflammation? Last resort? Placebo? Impress your patients with fancy technology?

Thanks for any and all replies.

bb
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
tron
post Sep 29 2005, 03:07 PM
Post #2

Unregistered

The placebo effect is real. More flashing lights on the laser machine seems to improve success. The safety goggles work wonders too.
+Quote Post
post Oct 17 2005, 11:35 AM
Post #3

Unregistered

Can't say I've ever had much use for it.

QUOTE(tron @ Sep 29 2005, 03:07 PM)
The placebo effect is real. More flashing lights on the laser machine seems to improve success. The safety goggles work wonders too.

+Quote Post
post May 3 2006, 07:47 PM
Post #4

Unregistered

I was skeptical about the laser until I tried it on myself for a variety of conditions over the last few months. I've had varied results depending on the nature of the condition. They have varied from immediate resolution of a stiff, swollen PIP joint after the second treatment, to pain and swelling reduction repeatedly for a meniscal knee injury over the course of 6 weeks.
I tried the home unit which was set up with an intermittent setting, but did not get the same results that I'd gotten in our clinic. When the home unit was set to continuous, the results were remarkable. (I had made the improper assumption that the home unit was set for an acute condition, so for all I knew, it was originally the correct setting. This seems to bely the placebo theory.)
Clinically, I use the 'cold laser' for pain and swelling management as well as accelerated healing. It is especially helpful with wounds, bruises, inflammation of soft tissues. I have had patients remark that they feel less stiffness or less pain afterwards. Having expeienced this myself, I tend to believe that this is not a placebo.
+Quote Post
freshstart21lasertherapy
post Jul 15 2007, 07:31 PM
Post #5

User Level

Group: Members
Member No.: 103,088

QUOTE(bob @ Aug 18 2005, 10:07 AM)
Hi. I'm just curious about whether or not therapists are using laser in practice. If you do, please reply and let me know what circumstances you use it in.  Wound care? Pain relief? Local inflammation? Last resort? Placebo? Impress your patients with fancy technology? 

Thanks for any and all replies.

bb

Laser therapy is used for Weight Loss and quit smoking programs. all cash procedure.

check out www.freshstart21.com

take care

gbec
User is offlineProfile CardPM
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 2nd September 2014 - 04:40 PM