Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> SIJD -NEEDING help, SI Joint- leg discrepancy problems

lisacourse
post Apr 26 2007, 10:34 AM
Post #1

User Level

Group: Members
Member No.: 102,856

I realize it has almost been a year since your post w/ the big medical mistake but i am wondering if you can help or state who it was that you saw to help you with your problem? I have EXACTLY the same symptoms you have: right leg long, left leg short, pain all on the right side (low back) as well as under ribcage (right side), told i have mild Lordosis, left back knee problems (on the short leg side) recently new & really starting to worry me. I get mixed messages on wheter to wear a lift in my shoe. I'm so fearful if i don't find the proper PT to put me back in alignment this is going to lead to some sorta of surgery down the road, either the knee, back... All my x-rays, mri's, cat scan don't show anything unusual and the Orthopedic Dr. insists I get on a good workout program strengthening my Core.

I have seen many Chiros, physical therapists and still havn't gotten better. My leg length difference seems to be getting worse. I recently signed on w/ a CHEK trainer the last 2 months and do and his belief is if I strengthen my transverse abdominals & glutes, this will pull me back into alignment. I struggle sometimes w/ even some of these exercises as i do them at home mainly. I just feel like perhaps after reading your post someone really needs to work on the short leg side (non-pain ) side to pull me back in alignment and then a strengthening program. I feel like i might be strenghtening a bad postural (stuck ) position.......

I have been practicing DonTigny's manual rounds, Traction, knee to the chest muscle energy contraction exercise & have even gone as far as seeing someone who helps teach his workshops. Still after i do these i still feel the leg length discrepancy and the knee to the chest kinda aggravates a pain spot on my low right (SI area ).

Again i am in desperate need of someone who can help me. Perhaps finally look at this w/ a differnet approach and look at the short leg side. I have reviewed many of the links you posted, which are great. Let me know if you can suggest someone, a clinic to see, or a addl reading materials or book to help me.

THANKYOU SO MUCH FOR TAKING THE TIME TO READ THIS!!!!!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
SpokanePT
post Jun 7 2010, 08:22 AM
Post #2

User Level

Group: Members
Member No.: 154,661

I always wonder why as physical therapists we tend to think of the SI joint as something other than a joint. Granted, there are unique qualities to this important region, but I think that it is likely important to take a step back and look at it like any other joint. Regardless of painful side, the joint must move both into nutation and counternutation (posterior or anterior rotation if you like the iliosacral terms). Also, we need to check ligamentous and neuromuscular stability. Testing ligaments is fairly straight forward, but really we are doing a bit of guessing about the neuromuscular control unless you are using a real time ultrasound to check pelvic floor and TA contraction.

To get back to your case... As long as both of your SI joints are moving properly and have adequate control, I wouldn't worry about a positional issue. The question that I have about positional issues is what happens during function, and is that 1/2 inch LLD a real issue or does the body deal with the extra stress. The most important thing is to forget about where you have pain, and figure out what part is not doing its job.

Acceleration Physical Therapyin Spokane WA

QUOTE(lisacourse @ Apr 26 2007, 10:34 AM)
I realize it has almost been a year since your post w/ the big medical mistake but i am wondering if you can help or state who it was that you saw to help you with your problem?  I have EXACTLY the same symptoms you have: right leg long, left leg short, pain all on the right side (low back) as well as under ribcage (right side), told i have mild Lordosis, left back knee problems (on the short leg side) recently new & really starting to worry me. I get mixed messages on wheter to wear a lift in my shoe.  I'm so fearful if i don't find the proper PT to put me back in alignment this is going to lead to some sorta of surgery down the road, either the knee, back... All my x-rays, mri's, cat scan don't show anything unusual and the Orthopedic Dr. insists I get on a good workout program strengthening my Core.

I have seen many Chiros, physical therapists and still havn't gotten better. My leg length difference seems to be getting worse.  I recently signed on w/ a CHEK trainer the last 2 months and do and his belief is if I strengthen my transverse abdominals & glutes, this will pull me back into alignment. I struggle sometimes w/ even some of these exercises as i do them at home mainly. I just feel like perhaps after reading your post someone really needs to work on the short leg side (non-pain ) side to pull me back in alignment and then a strengthening program.  I feel like i might be strenghtening a bad postural (stuck ) position.......

I have been practicing DonTigny's manual rounds, Traction, knee to the chest muscle energy contraction exercise & have even gone as far as seeing someone who helps teach his workshops. Still after i do these i still feel the leg length discrepancy and the knee to the chest kinda aggravates a pain spot on my low right (SI area ).

Again i am in desperate need of someone who can help me.  Perhaps finally look  at this w/ a differnet approach and look at the short leg side. I have reviewed many of the links you posted, which are great.  Let me know if you can suggest someone, a clinic to see, or a addl reading materials or book to help me.

THANKYOU SO MUCH FOR TAKING THE TIME TO READ THIS!!!!!

--------------------
[URL=http://www.accelerationphysicaltherapy.com]Acceleration Physical Therapy Spokane [/URL]
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st August 2014 - 06:57 PM