Welcome to Physical Therapy Web
Site News and Additions
Some Advice for Working with Clients with Hearing Loss: Peter Bloch is a psycho-physical therapist. He has moderate hearing loss and comes from a family with severe and profound hearing loss. Here he offers good advice to follow when treating patients with hearing loss. Read the full article: Some Advice for Working with Clients with Hearing Loss.
The Pelvic Floor Needs New PR: This article, contributed by Julie Wiebe, BSc MPT discusses why she thinks the pelvic floor doesn't get the PR it deserves and what we should do about it. Please have a look and let us know your thoughts in the comments: The Pelvic Floor Needs New PR.
Kettlebells for Knee Pain: Dr. Ben Fung is a frequent contributor to Physical Therapy Web. We are pleased to add another article to his collection hosted here. This insightful article is about using kettlebell exercises to reduce knee pain. Please have a look and let us know your thoughts in the comments: Kettlebells for Knee Pain.
Fitocracy Fitness App Review: We've recently started using a new iPhone and web application for tracking our fitness routines and progress. We've tried out many apps and felt compelled to write a review about this one. It has many social features and gamification aspects that are meant to motivate you. Does Fitocracy pull it off? Find out in our review: Fitocracy Review: Game Your Fitness.
Anterior Drawer Test: A description and video demonstration of the Anterior Drawer test for ACL integrity is added to our list of Orthopaedic Special Tests for the Knee
Is It Time To Take A Closer Look At The Thorax?
Linda-Joy Lee examines current views and explores the role of neuromuscular control in restoring optimal function for the thorax. View 'Is It Time To Take A Closer Look At The Thorax?'.
Kettlebell Therapy: Swinging Away Back Pain
Our latest article is another by physical therapist Dr. Ben Fung. It has to do with using kettlebells for therapeutic exercise in the treatment of back pain. View 'Kettlebell Therapy: Swinging Away Back Pain'.
Alexander Technique: An Introduction for Physical Therapists
Physical therapist and educator Peter Bloch provides this informative article about Alexander Technique. View 'Alexander Technique: An Introduction for Physical Therapists'.
The Role of the Pelvis in Hamstring Injuries & Posterior Thigh Pain
Please read our Featured Article by Diane Lee & LJ Lee, internationally recognized physiotherapists, authors, and educators. View 'The Role of the Pelvis in Hamstring Injuries & Posterior Thigh Pain'.
This article outlines the details of the Sulcus Sign test used in orthopedic examinations to diagnose shoulder instability. The article includes an embedded video demonstration of the special test. View the 'Sulcus Sign'.
Article: Empty Can Test - Orthopedic Examination
This article outlines the details of the popular Empty Can Test used in orthopedic examinations to diagnose supraspinatus integrity. The article includes an embedded video demonstration of the special test. View 'Empty Can Test'.
List of Orthopedic Tests for the Shoulder - We've added a new page that lists the common orthopedic tests of the shoulder. Explanations and demonstrations will be added for many of the tests. View List of Orthopedic Tests of the Shoulder.
Article - Becoming a Physical Therapist
'Becoming a Physical Therapist' is an article for those interested in a physical therapist career briefly outlining what a physical therapist is & giving advice on getting accepted into a physio school. Coming Soon: Getting a Job as a Physical Therapist.
Article Topic - Physical Therapy Equipment
A new Topic has been added that introduces the equipment used on a physio setting. See the page 'Physical Therapy Equipment' for an introduction to this new list of current and forthcoming articles. Current article topics include Ultrasound and Interferential Current.
- 'Neuro-Proprioceptive Taping for Rehabilitation, Pain Relief and Injury Prevention'
- 'The Foam Roller in Physical Therapy Exercise Prescription'
- 'Occupational Physical Therapy'
- 'The Clinical Application of Ultrasound Imaging by Physical Therapists'
- 'The Value of Patient Education'
- 'Physiotherapy Insurance: When the Human Body Needs a Little TLC'
- 'What is a Physical Therapy Assistant?': A brief intro to the growing profession.'
- 'What is a Physical Therapy Aide?': A brief intro to the growing profession.'
- Therapeutic Ultrasound: a brief introduction to the use as well as the indications & contraindications.
'PHYSICAL THERAPY WEB SPACE' SECTIONS
- ARTICLE INDEX - Educational articles on topics related to physio.
- FORUM - An online forum for PT / physio topics.
- SCHOOLS - International list of schools offering physio programs.
- ORGANIZATIONS - PT & related organizations.
- DISEASE / INJURIES - Links to sites about specific ailments.
- JOURNALS - Links to physical therapy / physiotherapy related journals.
- OTHER PT SITES - Links to other pages devoted to physio.
- PHYSICAL THERAPY FAQ - Frequently asked questions about this site & physical therapy.
RECENTLY ADDED SITES
- Binbrook Physiotherapy : Physiotherapy in Binbrook, Ontario
- Stoney Creek Physiotherapy : Physiotherapy in Stoney Creek, Ontario
- TheraVid : HD Exercise Video Database
- Osteoarthritis Health Information : OA Health Info . com
- International Journal of Physiotherapy & Rehabilitation - added in Journals
- Mavenlive: Intelligent exercise prescription, customizable images, and documentation (free-trial available)
- Gray's Anatomy: the great reference, free & online!
- Calgary Sport Physiotherapy
- Healthy Fertility
- Dalhousie University, Halifax, NS : School of Physiotherapy - added in Schools
- Journal of Manual and Manipulative Therapy (JMMT) - added in Journals
- Physical Therapy Success! Dramatically increase clinic profits
- Preferred PT Billing: On-line billing
- All Therapy Jobs: Therapy Job listing service